This policy addresses the data GoalLine Solutions collects to provide our SaaS platform “boostCX” and Business Process Outsourcing services “VoyceCX” to our clients. Clients use boostCX to collect customer feedback through various mediums, including surveys, online reviews and other customer feedback channels. Clients use VoyceCX services offered through our contact center, online chat and other mediums to manage inbound and outbound communication with their customers.
“client” refers to an entity or business to which GoalLine Solutions provides its services or SaaS platform.
“customer” refers to an individual who has had an interaction with a GoalLine Solutions client and whose feedback is collected through boostCX or VoyceCX. Customer interactions can include purchasing goods or services, contacting customer support, or providing feedback on a social media site.
“respondent” refers to an individual who is prompted to provide feedback to one of GoalLine Solutions’ clients through boostCX or VoyceCX services.
How we collect data
In providing services for our clients, GoalLine Solutions collects data according to our clients’ instructions. Our clients specify what customers we should contact to provide feedback, when we should contact them (for example, after having a vehicle serviced at a dealership), how we should contact them (for example, email, phone or SMS), how often we should contact them and what questions are asked. GoalLine Solutions’ clients also decide whether to use inbound or outbound data integrations.
The following are examples of the ways we collect customer data:
- Through survey responses on behalf of our clients. boostCX
- Through phone calls, emails and/or other forms of communications on behalf of our clients
- From third parties, including third parties we have contractual relationships with, either direct or through client relationships. Publicly available sources such as social media sites or direct social media sources through existing client relationships.
Types of information we collect
GoalLine Solutions enters into agreements with our clients that legally obligate GoalLine Solutions to protect data we receive or are directed to collect and use it only to provide the products and services specified by the client. GoalLine Solutions clients are responsible for complying with laws that may require notice, disclosure or consent related to the transfer of data to GoalLine Solutions or its use in boostCX or VoyceCX services. For more information on the types of data collected by specific GoalLine Solutions client, refer to the privacy notice or communications of the GoalLine Solutions client. Our clients’ privacy notices are commonly located in the boostCX survey invitation (for web-based surveys) or on the client’s web site for VoyceCX contact center clients.
GoalLine Solutions’ clients provide explicit instructions regarding the upload, collection, transfer, and access of personal data in boostCX or VoyceCX reporting portals. As such, GoalLine Solutions’ clients determine the legal basis they have for data processing. GoalLine Solutions’ clients can use legitimate interest or consent as a legal basis for processing personal data in boostCX, although others may apply. The information collected sometimes includes personal data, which is information relating to identified or identifiable natural persons. Some examples of the types of information we may collect include:
- Identity information, such as customer first and last name.
- Contact information, such as address, email address, social media alias and phone number.
- Demographic information, such as date of birth, gender, country, and other demographics.
- Credentials and Authentication Information, such as your username, password, password hints, and other information for authentication and account access.
- Vehicle transaction information, such as your vehicle identification number (VIN), make and model of vehicle purchased or leased, and details of purchase or service transaction.
- Customer feedback, such as survey responses, customer complaints, reviews or feedback.
Information we collect automatically
We may automatically collect information about client and customers devices and how their device interacts with our Service, some of which may include personal data. Some examples of information we collect include:
- Device Connectivity and Configuration Data. We collect data about the type of device or browser customers and clients use to access our service, such as device’s operating software, device’s regional and language settings, IP address, MAC address, other device identifiers, device carrier, time zone, network status, browser identifier, location, internet service provider, operating system and other information that alone or in combination may be used to uniquely identify your device or computer.
- Location Data. We collect data about customers and client’s device’s location, which can be precise (e.g., latitude/longitude data) or imprecise (e.g., location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level).
- Cookies. Cookies are placed on a survey respondent’s computer when they visit web-based surveys or when client employees connect to our boostCX reporting platform. These cookies enable GoalLine Solutions to remember a user’s preferences (such as language), ensure the security and integrity of client data, improve our products, and personalize a respondent’s survey experience. In addition, these cookies enable a GoalLine Solutions client to identify a user across different browsers or devices that access a client’s web domain, record information about the browsing session on the domain, and to customize surveys presented to the user on that domain based on that information and additional rules. GoalLine Solutions does not place cookies on a user’s computer for advertising purposes.
Information we collect on behalf of our clients
- Web surveys. In web-based surveys offered by boostCX, customers or employees receive a survey invitation and respond to the survey in a web interface. To send survey invitations GoalLine Solutions’ clients can, for example, provide boostCX customer names, email addresses, and information about the customers’ interactions with their business.
- Contact Centre. For contact center interactions, our agents identify themselves as representatives of our client. Agents request any relevant contact information from the customer in order to assist with customer follow up or resolutions. Customer contact information such as name, email and phone number and information about the customers’ interactions with their business are collected and entered within the VoyceCX client portal for customer follow up.
- Social Media Monitoring. For social media monitoring, GoalLine Solutions utilizes third party API’s to collect social media reviews and comments posted by client customers related to a transaction or service performed by our client. The information is aggregated and shared with our clients to provide information about the customers’ interactions with their business.
- Social Media Engagement. For social media engagement, our engagement agents respond to social media posts, identify themselves as representatives of our client and offer to assist customers with any concerns they might have. Agents request any relevant contact information from the customer in order to assist with customer follow up or resolutions. Customer contact information such as name, email and phone number and information about the customers’ interactions with their business are collected for customer follow up.
- Reporting Applications. GoalLine Solutions provides clients web-based and mobile applications that are used by employees of GoalLine Solutions’ clients to review and analyze customer feedback. To provide their employees access to these applications, clients can send GoalLine Solutions employee names, identifiers (e.g., an employee ID), job title or function, and the business location they are associated with. When an employee accesses a GoalLine Solutions reporting application, GoalLine Solutions collects the employee’s user name, IP address of the device used to access the reporting application, geographic area associated with the IP address, type of web browser and mobile device, time and date that the reporting application was accessed, and areas of the reporting application that were visited. Employees can also leave notes on feedback records.
Information we do not collect
GoalLine Solutions does not collect sensitive data, such as credit card numbers or government identification numbers
How do we use the personal data
GoalLine Solutions uses personal data gathered in boostCX and through VoyceCX services to provide clients with the services for which the client has engaged GoalLine Solutions. Those services may include:
- Contacting a client’s customers to collect feedback related to a purchase or service experience
- Collecting customer feedback and analyzing the data gathered to improve the client’s business.
- Provide services requested by the customer as it relates to customer service.
- Create data to clients for additional analysis.
- Clients use customer feedback to improve the customers’ experiences with their business, prioritize and make operational changes to their business.
Data Access Controls
Employees of GoalLine Solutions can access customer personal data provided by a client to perform work associated with services provided. Only those employees of GoalLine Solutions who require access to data in order to perform required services or address customer issues will have access to data.
All personal data stored in boostCX is provided using systems, procedures and controls approved by GoalLine Solutions’ security team. Access is provided only as long and as needed to perform the necessary work.
GoalLine Solutions’ clients can provide their employees access to boostCX and VoyceCX reporting services so that they can view and analyze gathered feedback.
GoalLine Solutions does not send or share any personal data directly with any third party. Where GoalLine Solutions utilizes third-party services for Cloud storage, third-party support, or security or compliance audits, GoalLine Solutions evaluates each vendor based on the GoalLine Solutions’ vendor risk management program and enforces appropriate security and data agreements with them.
GoalLine Solutions maintains a comprehensive security program with appropriate organizational and technical security practices measures to protect data stored within boostCX and VoyceCX reporting platforms. GoalLine Solutions adheres to OWASP and SANs25 application security controls and performs third party annual penetration testing and attestation of SSAE16 Soc 2 Type 2 (available upon request)
GoalLine Solutions maintains strict data retention and destruction policies with individual data retention rules defined by each client. All client and associated customer data is delated at the termination of the client’s subscription, unless earlier deleted or modified per the client’s request.
GoalLine Solutions offers its clients opt-out mechanisms to include in communications to individuals. Respondents who exercise an opt-out will be added to GoalLine Solutions’ opt-out list for the relevant client as required by applicable law. For each client, GoalLine Solutions does not send survey invitations to any e-mail address on the applicable opt-out list. GoalLine Solutions provides its opt-out lists to clients and their agents on a timely basis so that they may, where appropriate, update their records. If you are a respondent who wishes to withdraw your consent from all data processing by a particular GoalLine Solutions client, please contact the client directly.
Collection of Personal Data of Minors
Our service is not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect information from children as defined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act or other applicable law. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected information from a child, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
GoalLine Solutions may revise this policy from time to time. If we make substantial changes, we will post those amendments to our website at www.goallinesolutions.com so that you are aware of the changes.
3430 South Service Rd. Suite 203
Burlington, ON L7N 3J5 Canada